Valve have released a new update, which brings, among others, changes to the User Interface, the GOTV and two weapons of CS:GO.
Following tonight’s update, Revolver and Negev are no longer a part of the available weapons on competitive matchmaking. While the first has had its “firing delay significantly reduced”, the latter has a new sound, a “reduced price” and “new attributes” that increase its suppressive fire.
A new “recent teammates and invites” User Interface has been added to the main menu. From now on, it is also possible to connect with others “using CS:GO friend codes”.
As for the GOTV, its connections will now have Steam Datagram Relay – which is basically a protocol that not only prevents DDoS attacks but can also guarantee the best quality for the viewer – in “most of the regions”.
Besides some crashes and minor fixes, the new map Canals has also suffered some adjustments as you can read in the official changelog:
- Revolver and Negev have been removed from Competitive Matchmaking as they undergo substantial revision.
- Firing delay significantly reduced
- New attributes to promote suppressive fire.
- Reduced price.
- New sounds that dynamically indicate weapon accuracy.
- Added ability to add friends using CS:GO friend codes.
- Added recent teammates and invites UI on the main menu.
- GOTV connections will now use SDR in most of the regions.
- Fixed missing texture on Huntsman Knife | Ultraviolet
- Added convar mp_items_prohibited which takes a comma-delimited list of weapon definition indices to prohibit from purchase on the server.
- Lowered volume of ambient sound in de_vertigo to match ambient volume of other maps.
- Fixed several OSX graphics crashes related to running out of vertex shader constants.
- Fixed a game crash related to game stats.
- fixed more pixelwalk spots & places where bomb could get stuck
- fixed sticky clip brush at B
- fixed Z-fighting railing at bridge
- fixed visible nodraw underneath a bridge
- improved clipping under T side bridges
- fixed Z-fighting below CT arches
- adjusted courtyard statues and stairs for better movement
- fixed various fade distance issues
- widened B site and palace doors
- aligned palace windows better
- fixed floating clothesline
- adjusted pecklesteiner
- fixed missing texture at back alley
- removed clip from garden lamp post because it’s at jumping height
- prevented planting bomb on railing at A
- removed lamp posts between A and CT spawn